4.14.2011

UPDATE: 'Art in the Streets'

Here's the last update I'll probably have in regards to the 'Art in the Streets' exhibition.  These are located on the MOCA grounds so if you attend the exhibition sometime you'll get the chance to see them in person.  I would have liked to see Blu's mural stay but I understand why it was buffed (don't really agree with the buffing but it was a little insensitive to the neighbors).  Plus it was replaced with an 'aight' piece.  But I do like the old school tribute to Blade and Os Gemos never disappoints.


 Os Gemos (one of my favorite artists)



 Tribute to Blade (in progress)

(complete)


This mural replaced Blu's mural....(in progress)

Artists involved with this mural - Lee, Futura 2000, One, Push, Sano, Risk, Loomit and Fab 5 Freddy


eh....I resepect the artists but the mural but I think it doesn't capture what street/urban/graffiti art represents


Risk bus piece





photos courtesy of Juxtapoz Magazine


Next post should be about the member's opening event for the exhibition....stay tuned for my review.





seze

No comments:

Post a Comment