3.20.2012

Experimental Video: "Shadow Painting Typewriter"

The first time I heard, saw and felt the spray can, I knew this was the instrument. It was the paint that was different from all the other paints. Manipulating the paint is something that I could just do. I continue to express myself as best I can with spray paint and still have a lot of work to do.  I'm a student of the spray can but I'm also a teacher of the spray can.

Through the use of video I maintain the anonymity associated with the act of spray painting while allowing the audio to reinforce the similarity of making a mark with the now stone-age technology of typewriting. I intended to depict exactly what the title of the video suggests. A typewriter, a shadow and some painting.  

(plus a few fancy effects, just for kicks)


My experimental video link below.....





seze

No comments:

Post a Comment