1.16.2011

A Sunday at the Downtown LA Graff Lab

Today I decided to check out the Graff Lab in Downtown LA.  I grabbed a handful of colors, packed a lunch and headed out for a full day of painting.  I didn't really know what to expect but once I stepped into the yard, I fell in love.  The level of artwork ranged from beginner to advanced. Pieces, bombs and handstyles were everywhere from the ground to the port-a-potty.  Nearly everything was hit up.  After talking to one of the volunteers and I was given a section to paint, I threw on my iPod and got to work.  I did take a couple 5 minute breaks to talk with the other artists but other than that, it was a 6 hour non-stop session.  Painted straight through lunch.  All I can say is a painting session like today was much needed.






 "You want order no. 47?? It verrrrwy gooood"
I was in the mood for sushi...




No comments:

Post a Comment