12.03.2010

Lakers x Marilyn Monroe x Juxtapoz holiday themed pen & paper drawing

I felt like putting my used spray cans to use and turn them into pieces of art.  I know they're not the "collector's choice" of medium but who cares.

 *All spray cans are sanded, primered, painted and then coated with a matte clear coat 


 The Monroe & L dot A dot

  • The Monroe - A double-sided B&W (with a touch of red) portrait of Miss Marilyn Monroe on a pure white 94 can. 
  • Sharpie, paint marker & pencil, detailed
  • Cost - $40


  • L dot A dot - A Los Angeles Laker inspired piece with a spray painted background plus a touch of Chick Hearn in the mix, on a 94 can
  • Acrylic paint & paint marker
  • Cost - $40








Juxtapoz holiday themed pen & paper drawing
Juxtapoz Mag had a little drawing contest for books and the instructions were to draw a holiday themed pen and paper drawing.  So I drew up a quick 2-hour start to finish piece.  I didn't spend much time on it because I had other projects I'm working on.  I just stumbled upon this and even though I'm probably not gonna win, just submitting a piece is all that mattered to me. Plus it is the holidays, so why not.  (I could have made it look 10x better if they allowed color).  

Title: "Mr. R Mr. F, Mr. G & Mr. S"

All about the spray cans.




No comments:

Post a Comment